As part of a funded initiative by Horse Sport Ireland(HSI), MGAI are delighted to announce a number of funded training initiatives both at local area level and National level to both enhance skills of existing members which have become dormant due to a long Covid enforced layoff as well as attracting new members. The objective of these funded initiatives are as follows;
• Drive increased participation
• Create a positive environment for growing participation
• Create more effective marketing campaigns for increasing participation
Local Area Training: Instructor led training on a 1-1 or pairs basis. Charge out at €15 per rider. If members bring a new non-MGA rider for a session then the member will pay just €10 (non-member means not a member in 2020). It is planned to have a number of sessions per area.
• South East Area: Bunclody Co. Wexford (Dates TBC)
• North East Area: Evenings of Tuesday 25 / Wednesday 26 May (with Aido Hanlon) Tankardstown Gallops, Co. Meath
• North East Area: Evenings of Tuesday 1 / Wednesday 2 June (with Aido Hanlon) Tankardstown Gallops, Co. Meath
• South Area: Cork Dates TBC• Midlands: Dates TBC
Further dates with other trainers will be posted as required based on demand.
National Training: Instructor led training generally in groups of 3 or 4. Charge out at €15 per rider. If members bring a new non MGA rider for session then the member will pay just €10 (non-member means not a member in 2020).
• Saturday 29 May / Sunday 30 May (with Colin Carson) Tankardstown Gallops, Co. Meath
• Saturday 5 June / Sunday 6 June / Monday 7 (with Colin Carson) Stradbally Hall, Co. Laois
Funded training will initially be restricted to 2 sessions per rider
Expressions of interest for local training is through the local area reps: contact Deborah Nolan (085 1450010) for Midlands area; Marie Collins (087 6845671) for SE area; Emma Costello (087 1220963) NE area; Hilary O’Meara for Cork and SW (086 8200600).
For National training phone Mark Crowe (087 2856203) or Eilidh Hyland (087 7551246).