Irish Teams Championships 2020

Important Update re Irish Teams Championships: Following a meeting of the committee Aug 25th, we are now swapping the Irish Masters Pairs competition into 5/6 September and the Irish Team Championships out to 19/20 September. This is because Kildare are in an extended lock down and would not be allowed play on the weekend ofContinue reading “Irish Teams Championships 2020”

Irish Team Championships 2020

Following a committee meeting Aug 12th, where the imposition of local Covid restrictions in Laois, Kildare and Offaly last Friday which were originally due to expire on midnight Friday Aug 21st but then extended to expire on midnight Sunday August 23rd were reviewed, we have concluded that we have no option but to defer theContinue reading “Irish Team Championships 2020”

Games Restart Schedule

Dear members,Now that travel restrictions are lifted from June 29th, we are able to launch a programme of events, that all members can attend. We have successfully rolled out new Covid 19 protocols for running games competitions which have been used in local practice sessions in both the South East and North East areas. IContinue reading “Games Restart Schedule”

Covid 19 Update – June 17th

Just to update everyone. The SE area trialed our return to play protocols on Sunday last. The committee met tonight and agreed some minor modifications to the protocols that will be updated this week. We are now looking at commencing national competitions once movement outside our county / 20KM limits are lifted. So we areContinue reading “Covid 19 Update – June 17th”

Covid 19 Update – June 2nd

Dear members, as we all moving to hopefully Phase 2 of the Government Covid19 reopening plan and getting ready to a ‘new normal’,  it’s time to update you all re MGAI plans. We have submitted to Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) a document which explores the challenges faced in restarting games competitions in 2020. This documentContinue reading “Covid 19 Update – June 2nd”

Covid-19 Update – Mar 19th

Dear members. We hope that you are all keeping well during these extraordinary circumstances. Tonight the MGAI committee have made the decision to defer all activities until further notice. We will resume activities as soon as we are given clearance to do so. This also means that trials on 18/19 April will also be postponed.Continue reading “Covid-19 Update – Mar 19th”