Hosted by Mounted Games Association of Ireland
28th-30th July 2022
Green Glens Arena, Millstreet, Ireland
The 30th Annual International Mounted Games Association World Pairs Championships are to be held at the Green Glens Arena, Millstreet, Ireland from Thursday July 28th to Saturday July 30th with a Gala event on Saturday night.
The Green Glens Arena is Ireland’s most complete Equestrian Venue boasting 8 all-weather jumping arenas, 8 all weather warm-up arenas, 3 indoor arenas and 1500 permanent stables and has previously hosted the 2016 IMGA World Open Teams championships as well as the 2019 European Championships. The venue is centrally located in Millstreet town (population 1500) and is in easy walking distance of supermarkets and pubs in the town. Since its formation 35 years ago, the facility has held a wide range of domestic and international equestrian competitions as well as the 1993 Eurovision Contest, World Boxing, Disney on Ice, Concerts, Political events, conventions and Agricultural shows.
We look forward to re-welcoming our MGA friends from all over the World, enjoying great games and experiencing the best of Irish hospitality.!
The competition will involve approximately two hundred of the worlds most elite riders. There will be World Pairs Titles achieved in four categories .
U12, U15, U18, Open
Each age group will have 3 qualifying sessions followed by the semi-finals for the top 16 pairs. The the top 8 pairs in each age group will compete in their own respective World Pairs Final. Apart from prestigious IMGA World Pairs Title, winners will receive Awards of Trophies. Merchandise & Memorabilia , Gifts
- Tuesday July 26th: Early Arrivals from 2pm including all pool ponies
- Wednesday July 27th: Practise Sessions
- Wednesday Jul 27th : Registration closes at 5pm. Briefings & Draws 7pm.
- Thursday July 28th – Sessions 1 & 2
- Friday July 29th – Session 3, Semi Finals
- Saturday July 30th: All A Finals & lower finals
- Sunday July 31st: Venue closes 12 Midday
- Detailed timetable including Assistant Referee Rotas can be found here
Games List and Scoring
- Each pair will ride x 3 sessions of x 7 games. Semi Finals x 8 games. A Finals x 10 games. Lower Finals x 8 games.
- Full games list plus all scoring can be found on mg-scoreboard
– Thursday July 28th IRISH WELCOME NIGHT
- 8pm Welcome Ceremony in the International Arena followed by .
- Marquee – Light Refreshments served – ‘A Taste of Ireland’
- Followed by Irish music from the legendary instrumentalist LIAM O’CONNOR listed in the Guiness Book of Records 2008 as having the fastest fingers in the world on the Accordian.
- BE PROUD and GO LOUD! Wear your country colours with pride and come enjoy an evening of Irish music and foods.
– Friday July 29th
- Semi Finals in Main Arena early evening
- Followed by Music in the Bar/Marquee.
– Saturday July 30th GALA – ‘Dress to Impress’
- Buffet Meal Served in the Marquee
- Following by DJ Eoin Reavey until Late
- Ticketed Event – Admission by Ticket Only
- Tea/Coffee Cold Drinks. Light refreshments in Marquee – Day time – From Thursday
- ‘The Van’ – Lorry Park – Day Time – Fast Food options all day – From Thursday
- ‘Gobblebox’ – Pizza and Crepes – Day and early evening – From Wednesday evening
- Bar Open every evening from Wednesday beside Marquee
Entry Fee for all age groups is €460
Included in entry fee are;
- Entry to Equestrian complex and all facilities
- Riders pass
- Gala Pass
ENTRIES will open Patricks Day March 17th, 2022 with an initial deposit of €180 required. 2nd payment of €280 required by June 30th. We will accept unlimited entries in each Individual age group entries up until
30th April(extended to May 14th). We may accept limited amount of late entries after the 14th May if there is spare capacity. To Enter Click Here
MGA Ireland will endeavour to provide a limited number of pool / loan ponies for this event for the non-European riders. Anyone who requires a pony, please email email@example.com with pony height requirements and rider age category. Anyone that can offer a pony, please also mail firstname.lastname@example.org indicating pony name, age, mounted games experience and proposed age group that the pony would be suitable for.
July 4th: All pool ponies gathered by event organisers have now been allocated to USA, Australian and New Zealand based riders. Riders are responsible for stable management including bedding and haylage which can be sourced at the event. or locally. ‘Hard feed’ will be provided by pony owners. Tack will be provided for which there is a refundable tack deposit of €100 subject to a safe return which can be booked here. There is no hire charge for Pool Ponies but we would encourage the purchase of a Gala ticket for the pony owners. Please note where ponies have been sourced directly, it is the riders responsibility to check directly with pony owners re feed, bedding and other arrangements.
Planning your Trip
- Vaccination Requirements
- Equine Travel Documentation for travelling into Ireland
- Travel Information to get to Ireland and Venue
- Accommodation is limited in the local area so it is advisable too book early. See here for local list
Web Shop – Click here.
- Additional Shavings and Haylage can be preordered in advance or purchased whilst on site. Opening hours to be advised.
- Hookups MUST be pre-ordered in advance. Closing Date: July 15th
- WPC 2022 branded hoodies (pre order only) are available. Limited stock so early purchasing advisable. Closing Date: July 13th
- Gala Tickets – Each pair gets two tickets as part of entry fee. Limited capacity. Any additional tickets can be purchased here.
- Additional Stables. Each pair gets two stables as part of entry fee. Any additional stables can be purchased here
- Supporter Packages. Each pair gets 4 supporter tickets. Additional tickets can be purchased here(access to all on site facilities plus Irish Night. Click here to buy additional supporter tickets.
- Shower Tokens. Showers need tokens to operate(Time limited). Click here to pre-order. Also available to buy on site